A postdoctoral position is immediately available at Zhejiang University with annual salary of 300,000 RMB. Welcome to Zhejiang University.
I. Project Introduction
The Postdoctoral International Exchange Program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree (including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese institution. The successful candidates would be co-funded for two years, by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) and Zhejiang University: an allowances of 200,000 RMB each year shall be provided by OCPC and another 100,000 RMB per year by Zhejiang University, which would be used to cover the individual living expenses related to their stay in China, including housing allowances, social insurance and round-trip international travel expenses etc.
Around 500 postdoctoral fellows shall be supported in this program in 2022.
The final OCPC decision would be announced respectively in May and October.
The post-doctoral researchers will be subject to management of Zhejiang University following our regulations for post-doctoral fellows.
For those post-doctoral fellows whose contracts are more than two years, the university will provide 250,000RMB per year within the contract duration after the two-year sponsorship of the program.
1. The applicants shall be under 35 years old, of good moral character, and in good health for the two-years research.
2. The applicants shall obtain doctoral degrees abroad within the recent three years (Chinese-Foreign cooperative doctoral candidates are not included).
3. The applicants shall have no postdoctoral work experience in China, or have recently entered the station within 6 months.
4. The universities where the applicants obtained their doctoral degrees shall be in the list of World’s Top 100 Universities; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is in the Top 100 discipline list (taking the latest information of Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Rankings or U.S. News & World Report as reference; List of World’s Top 30 & Top 100 Universities is available in application system ).
For applicants from countries located along the Belt and Road, the universities where the applicants graduated with their doctoral degrees shall be among the top 3 universities in their own countries. According to the Framework of Cooperation for Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Program, applicants with PhD degrees from Germany, the requirement on university ranking or discipline would be not necessary, in case they are supported by a formal recommendation from Helmholtz Association, (Contact: Dr. HE Hong, Beijing Office of Helmholtz-Association, 010-65907866, firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. The applicants shall contact supervisors in Zhejiang University on their own and receive official recommendations from Zhejiang University for final evaluation of OCPC.
6. The successful applicants shall be bound to the research for at least 20 months in China for the two-year postdoctoral program.
7. The applicants shall have excellent academic achievements before applying for the project.
8. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
9. Those Chinese researchers having full employment are not eligible for this program; all the funded researchers shall conduct full-time postdoctoral studies during the two-year project.
10. The applicants shall have not yet been supported by another OCPC international postdoctoral fellowship program or postdoctoral innovative talents supporting program.
III. Application Timeline and Evaluation Approach
1. Direct grant
There is a pilot policy to take a direct funding for this year’s candidates of this program with quota limitation of 150 nationwide (100 Chinese, 50 foreigners) on a first come, first served basis. Those international PhD candidates (including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad) who obtained their doctoral degrees from world’s top 30 universities (listed in the application system) within recent 3 years can be directly supported by this program. The application is open on 10th February 2022.
2.Review and grant
For applicants who are not funded directly as above, OCPC will organize experts’ appraisal to select candidates nationwide in 2022. The detailed timetable is as follows.
Deadline of online application
Deadline of review of Office of Postdoctoral Affairs of ZJU
1. Online Application.
From February 10th, all applicants shall register themselves by logging onto the OCPC application system on www.chinapostdoctor.org.cn/
(link:http://www.chinapostdoctor.org.cn/auth/login.html), the official website for post-doctoral programs in China and apply online to upload relevant materials and to finish the application information of the International Postdoctoral Fellow Program.
Notes: Applicants who have already being enrolled as postdocs in Zhejiang University can log onto the system with their previous user name and password; otherwise they need to register before entering the system. And they shall not change any information about their previous scientific researches.
2. Online Review.
Office of postdoctoral affairs would review and check the submission of all the applications online before the deadline for each batch of project application.
For details, please refer to notices on the official website for post-doctoral programs in China, or consult Office of postdoctoral affairs of Zhejiang University.
Ms. Ma : +86-571-88981423
Office of postdoctoral affairs，Human Resources Department, Zhejiang University